Google as of late discharged Android 11 Beta 1 and OnePlus is ensuring its most recent OnePlus 8 arrangement is a piece of the Android Beta program, where non-Pixel gadgets gain admittance to early forms of the most recent Android rendition.
Declaring it on its official gathering, OnePlus said it had worked indefatigably to carry Android 11 Beta to its clients.
Since it’s the main beta of Android 11, OnePlus has cautioned that the update is planned for engineers, and ordinary clients should forgo introducing the Android 11 beta update on their essential gadget attributable to potential bugs and dangers included.
In any case, in the event that you need to get Android 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro, this is what you have to do —
Get Android 11 Beta For OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
Here are the prerequisites for the procedure:
- Make sure that your device’s battery level is above 30%
- Take a backup of the data and keep it in a separate device as all of the data will be LOST in the process.
- Download the following files according to your device to get Android 11 beta on OnePlus 8 series:
OnePlus has already warned about the issues in the Android 11 beta update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Here are the known issues:
- Face Unlock is not available in the Android 11 Beta update as of now.
- Google Assistant does not work.
- Video calling does not work.
- The user interface of some apps might be less appealing.
- System stability issues.
- Some apps might crash at times and not function as desired.
- The OnePlus 8 series carrier devices (TMO/VZW) aren’t compatible with the Developer Preview builds
Android 11 Beta Update for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro Procedure
Once you have downloaded the files and taken the backup of your entire data, here’s what you need to do:
- Copy the ROM upgrade storage ZIP file to your phone’s storage.
- Go to Settings> System> System Updates and then tap on the option available in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’ and then choose the ZIP file you’ve recently downloaded from the above-given link.
- Next, click on the ‘Upgrade’ option and wait until the upgrade is done 100%.
- Once the upgrade is complete, tap Restart.